The services Reach EAP provides to employees benefit the employer as well. Increased employee wellness, decreased healthcare costs, increased productivity and decreased absenteeism and turnover are all outcomes of a well-implemented EAP.
Many of the advantages for the company come through services we provide directly to employees. When employees reach out to us, we can help them address their problems before they turn into issues that could affect productivity and morale. When we can catch problems early, we can prevent them from reaching a level that would require medical or psychiatric intervention. This keeps your medical insurance costs in check.
We work proactively with your Human Resources department to identify at-risk employees. For example, if an employee has had several unexpected call outs in the past few months, Human Resources can notify us of a potential problem. We then contact the employee to see if they are having a problem we can help them solve. This is done in a consultative manner and the confidentiality of the employee is maintained. Although the employer will never know the nature of the problem, they can see the results in the employee’s decreased absenteeism.
We also work with both employees and employers to help them avoid workplace problems.
- Organizational conflict resolution and workplace mediation
- Assistance in managing organizational change
- Violence in the workplace prevention policies and programs
- Benefit plan consultation
- Workplace wellness program development
Supervisor training is also available and teaches managers how to deal with employees in a safe and proactive way. Managers learn how to assess when they should intervene and when they should direct employees to the resources we provide.
The workplace solutions we implement include:
- Management development seminars
- Organizational leadership training and development
- Team building and team leadership training
- Performance counseling skills
- Managing organizational stress
- Managing conflict in the workplace
- Understanding yourself and others in the workplace